Properties linked to former Orlen president and directors searched

Dariusz Korneluk, the national prosecutor, said on Tuesday that searches have been carried out at properties linked to the former president of Orlen, Daniel Obajtek, and several former directors of Orlen.

Daniel Obajtek. Photo PAP/Radek Pietruszka
Daniel Obajtek. Photo PAP/Radek Pietruszka

The searches were carried out as part of investigations into the alleged under-selling of fuel by Orlen, and the merger between Oren and Lotos which took place last year.

Poland’s biggest state-owned company, Orlen has a dominant position on the Polish fuel’s market. It also faces accusations that it used its economic influence to benefit the Law and Justice government before last year’s general election.

"Both of the investigations have been initiated," Korneluk said. "Activities are being carried out, including searches at properties linked to the president of Orlen, as well as the entire management staff and directors. Information and data have been collected and are being analysed." 

He added that the search was carried out at the premises of Daniel Obajtek and "six or seven" directors.

Korneluk also said Obajtek would be questioned.(PAP)
mf/md

Publicly available PAP services